condensing notebooks

I'm new to Evernote. As an MRI student, I'm using it to take pictures of various protocols (using separate notebooks) for the abdomen, brain, spine, etc. for two training sites. I'm now heading to my second site, which will require its own abdomen, etc. protocols (and notebooks). Similar to Windows, I'd like to move all of the original folders (notebooks) from the first site into just one notebook, to preserve them but get them out of the way. How may I do this?

Thanks--Mark

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote is not the same as Windows.  You should be able to create a Stack - a type of notebook - for the old site and move all your notebooks into that.  You could create a new stack for the new site and add more notebooks.  Beware though that you are only allowed 250 notebooks in total.  The available hierarchy is Stack > notebooks > notes,  so you're rather limited.  You could investigate tags - using <site><protocol><detail> tags to identify your note and tag searches to find the details. 

More experienced users seem to find that using comprehensive note titles and a small number of tags is the best way to manage data.  My headings always include a date (yyyymmdd) / type / source / summary of my notes.

• Level 5*

You could add a tag Site1 to all the existing notes and then add a tag Abdomen to all the notes in the abdomen notebook (ditto for the other notebooks).  Create a new notebook called Site1 and then move all the notes to that new notebook.  Now all of your notes will be in only one notebook tagged with the prior notebook name.

Archived