Download all attachments in all Notes to iPhone

• Level 5*

Go to settings in EN on your phone and flag the notebooks containing the PDFs as Offline.  This will download the complete notes to the phone.  You will then be able to view the PDF even if you aren't connected to the Internet in addition to not having to press to download each time.

Another question: Since I changed this preference, the sync-icon turns and turns and turns - for more than 7 hours no (via WiFi).... Unfortunately, there is no progress graphics.

Can I see the progress anywhere?

Will sync continue when Evernote is in background or iPad in sleep mode?

Edit: Please note, that on my iPad I had loaded all attachments manually..... I don't know what it downloads... And on my iPhone after more than 7 hours NO attachment has been downloaded.

• Level 5*

There is not a progress meter of any sort.  Used to be you could look at your EN storage in Settings and get a feel for how far along it was, but that number doesn't seem to be accurate anymore.  You could test by doing one Notebook to be sure it is working correctly.

My experience has been to plug in my phone, set auto lock to never, and then just let it cook.  I have about 6GB in offline notebooks so has taken a while.

Due to corporate company restrictions, I can not set auto lock no never :-(

But on the iPad, there IS a progress graphic (preferences for offline notebooks at the bottom), but it seems, that it's not moving since the beginning

On iPad, I set auto lock off, I'll see tomorrow what happened

• Level 5*

I am not sure to be honest.  Whenever I would open my phone during a reload it appeared EN was starting a sync each time.  So I just took the brute force method and left my phone up and open over night.

Archived