Create New Note with Tag

Dear All:

Is it possible to add the currently highlighted tag to a newly created note? I'm asking because I completely got rid of notebooks and now only work with tags. However, if the currently highlighted tag is not added automatically, there is a good chance that I forget to tag a note manually (and said note disappears in my default notebook).

Thanks!

Steve

• Level 5*

Hi.  Although you work without notebooks,  you still have the default notebook for all your notes;  and if you 'lose' a note you should be able to find it by searching (or sorting) by creation date,  and you could also find notes without tags by searching for notes .. without tags*.  Sadly there's no option to add a standard tag - though if you have a set of several standard tags,  you could create 'template' notes-with-tags that you copy to create a new note and then complete...

* Search "-tag:*"

• Level 5*

The option hasn't been 'removed' (unless you mean that registry settings doesn't exist any more) - there are quite a few registry tweaks to enhance - or at least change - the installed app's performance in Windows that don't have any visible menu options.  See https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/64040-windows-enreged-access-evernotes-hidden-registry-settings/ for more on that and an app to help make some changes.  Beware that Evernote and Windows have both changed quite a lot since this was written a year or so ago - proceed with caution,  and suitable backups!!

Archived