Copy and Pasting Checkboxes issue with 6.1

I make a number of schedules and to-do lists with Evernote, and as you can imagine I use the check box feature to check off items when I'm finished.

I often have to copy and paste a number of items from one note to another that are empty checkboxes, but since the update, every time I copy and paste checkboxes it now leaves square brackets within the note instead of pasting the blank checkbox.

I now have to either delete each square bracket individually or temporarily disable the checkboxes altogether to get rid of the square brackets. It's quite a nuisance and very inconvenient.

Here is an example of what happens now since Evernote updated to 6.1:

Septembers Bills:
[x] Rent due on 1st
[x] Comcast bill due on 9th
[x] DTE bill due on 9th
[ ] Ting bill due on 16th
[ ] Car insurance bill due on the 20th

(Again, in the past after copy and pasting checkboxes it simply pasted the checkbox rather than these square brackets.)

I hope there is a fix soon!

I'm not familiar with how to enable "Paste and Match Style" on my Mac or on Evernote, but you mentioning that promoted me to investigate an app that I run called "FormatMatch".

I decided to disable the "FormatMatch" application and now I'm able to copy and paste checkboxes in Evernote as I normally would in the past, so I guess this was just a problem on my end and not Evernotes.

I never had any problems with this app in the past, but I suppose I'm relieved to know it was a minor problem on my end rather than on Evernotes end.

Thanks for your help!

Archived