Notebook stacks

I have not been able understand how Notebook Stacks work. I love the idea of being able to group notes into convenient groups. But I haven't been able to figure out how to do it. At the same time, there are 7 Notebook Stacks in my Evernote, but none of them were created by me. Evernote automatically created them, and the notes in each Stack bear no relation to one another. How do I de-stack them? Also I would like to rename them to be meaningful. Is this possible?

• Level 5

I have not been able understand how Notebook Stacks work. I love the idea of being able to group notes into convenient groups. But I haven't been able to figure out how to do it. At the same time, there are 7 Notebook Stacks in my Evernote, but none of them were created by me. Evernote automatically created them, and the notes in each Stack bear no relation to one another. How do I de-stack them? Also I would like to rename them to be meaningful. Is this possible?

Notebook stacks are just logical groups of notebooks. There is only level available. In contrast to tag nesting you cannot put a stack into another stack or a notebook into another notebook.

You can create a stack in the notebook view (select 'Notebooks' in the sidebar):

• Right-click on a notebook's icon
  • Select "Add to stack" -> "New Stack"
  • Level 5*

... there are 7 Notebook Stacks in my Evernote, but none of them were created by me. Evernote automatically created them, ...

You can accidentally create a stack by dragging one notebook on top of another notebook.  You can reverse the process by dragging a notebook out of a stack.

Archived