Feature Request: Download Notes as .pdf

Hello,

I like to use Evernote to scan and store my medical bills.  I have to submit my bills to my insurance company, and they unfortunately only accept the bills in jpg, pdf, or several other forms.  And as far as I know, when you download a Note, you can only download it as .png.  

So I have been using another scanning app to scan the bills and then I download them in pdf form onto my computer.  I would like to do this with Evernote.  : ) 

I am not sure if it helps or you are looking more of an automated solution. You can right click on any note and it gives you a choice "Convert Note to PDF" 

This creates another note with same name (PDF),

if you click on that note then you can can download it

I am using Mac version, not sure if same feature is available for windows. 

• Level 5*

EN desktop has an option to use an import folder to get files into EN.  If you have your scan app put the ouput in that folder they will appear in the designated notebook in EN.  Go to Tools - Import Folders to set it up.

• Level 5*

Hello,

I like to use Evernote to scan and store my medical bills.  I have to submit my bills to my insurance company, and they unfortunately only accept the bills in jpg, pdf, or several other forms.  And as far as I know, when you download a Note, you can only download it as .png.  

So I have been using another scanning app to scan the bills and then I download them in pdf form onto my computer.  I would like to do this with Evernote.  : ) 

If I understand you correctly, you might try this procedure:

1. Scan bill to PDF using your scanner and its scanning app
  2. If possible, OCR the PDF using same app (or other 3rd party PDF tool)
    1. This will make it searchable almost immediately after you sync in EN.
  3. Since these contain medical info, you should encrypt the PDF before putting into Evernote
  4. Import into Evernote
    1. via EN Import folder
    2. OR drag/drop into EN Note
  5. When you want to send to your insurance company:
    1. Open EN Note, select the PDF, right-click on PDF and Save As to save as a file on your PC
    2. Open the PDF and remove the encryption PW, or change to one that you give to insurance company
    3. Save the PDF and email to insurance company.
    4. Delete the PDF on your PC.

Archived