Web Beta, unable to de-select linked-in from my settings

GreyGray

In the EN web beta, if I go to to "Context Sources" i am able to uncheck all of them which should be the default if we are voicing opinions here.  However,  I can't uncheck the Linked-In checkbox, it is locked in the checked position.

Thanks, I have done exactly that, thinking it may trickle down and unset the checkbox, but that didn't work either.  Right now, I believe it is purely a cosmetic issue, but it would be cool to have it off if possible.  Im pretty sure it is off in your database for my account, I changed the POST values in dev tools before I sent it in, and while the value stayed the same on return, I sent in the "OFF" value, and then never went back to the page, hoping the database took the update.

Thanks, I have done exactly that, thinking it may trickle down and unset the checkbox, but that didn't work either.  Right now, I believe it is purely a cosmetic issue, but it would be cool to have it off if possible.  Im pretty sure it is off in your database for my account, I changed the POST values in dev tools before I sent it in, and while the value stayed the same on return, I sent in the "OFF" value, and then never went back to the page, hoping the database took the update.

Yes, there's an odd state here that we are not handling. Once you unlink and then relink LinkedIn the problem should no longer occur anymore and the checkbox should be clickable. Sorry for the inconvenience. - Nancy

Yes, there's an odd state here that we are not handling. Once you unlink and then relink LinkedIn the problem should no longer occur anymore and the checkbox should be clickable. Sorry for the inconvenience. - Nancy

Oops, I meant I have never linked the accounts, so there is nothing to unlink.  I don't want to link and then unlink, as I fear as with all of these, in order to link, they want access to my address book, something that to date, I have not given permission to any service.  Granted, it is probably futile, as I am in other address books and I am sure those people have put my data into systems, but there is nothing I can do about that.

Hopefully your patch will clear it up for accounts that also have never linked up their accounts to a 3rd party.

Thanks!

Archived