Indexing Issue

Hey guys, just noticed today after uploading some pdf's, I clicked the "note information" button out of curiosity and it said "3 pdfs have not been indexed", out of the 3 pdfs that note had.

I said  :huh: thats weird, cause I have premium evernote, and the pdfs were probably 57 kb each. I waited a few hours and still.

Then I checked previous pdfs, even from months ago (i was already a premium user), and none of them are indexed, not even pictures (jpeg). I started to worry :unsure: and used the "Search" tool, and the Search Results in fact showed the correct Pdfs for the words I used at the searching, but they are still not indexed. The search just showed the notes of the Pdfs, but didn't took me to the exact page in the Pdf.

Is it normal that the search shows the correct Pdfs, although they are not indexed?

Is the Search Tool supposed to take you to the exact Pdf page, or just show the pdf as it is currently doing for me?

Thanks 

• Level 5*

I don't think the "Attachment Status" field in the Note Info window is reliable.

If you are consistently getting the "... have not been indexed" status after several days, and you can search for text in the PDFs and find the Note, then I would report it as bug.

Personally, I always OCR all PDFs before importing into Evernote, and are available to search almost instantly, with the search words highlighted.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Archived