Cannot paste text starts with '{'

• Level 5*

Don't know if its my imagination,  but while it does work in Windows,  there seems to be some hesitation there,  while posting standard text goes straight in.

Standard work-around suggestion (especially for code-style text) would be to use an editor that does support characters,  colours and indentation and save your work to the appropriate file type.  Attach that file to your EN note and the file can be edited on any device that also has your alternative editor installed and running.  If you need to add comments or thoughts on a mobile or another device,  then add them in the note and copy,  paste and correct when your editor is available.

"{" may have some special significance in EN's note format - that may be something they can fix in due course.

• Level 5*

I can't paste text starts with '{' into evernote, for example: {"foo": "bar"}

My version: Evernote for Mac 6.0.15 (451807 App Store)

Since this character, "{", is NOT a HTML encoding character, and it works in EN  Win, it seems like a bug in EN Mac to me.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue".

Archived