Suggestions for Evernote users to add Evernote address in email client for notifications

I would like to make the suggestion for Evernote users to be allowed to add Evernote into their email client so that when something is sent to the Evernote address, users can get a notification and view it just like one would get a notification for and view "Mail" on their phone or whatever email client their using. Please do consider this as it would be more convenient and a great addition to be able to use our Evernote address just like we use our other email addresses (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Exchange, etc.) and add our Evernote address into our phone to get direct notifications and view the message directly. If you need better clarification as to what I'm referring to then please let me know. Thanks and I hope to see this addition to Evernote soon!

• Level 5*

I'm not sure if I understand your request, but it sounds like you have shared your email-to-account address with others.

Evernote is NOT an email provider or client.  The only purpose of your email-to-account email address is to, well, send an email to your Evernote account to be auto-converted to a EN Note.

While you can share your Evernote email-to-account address with others, it is generally expected, and recommended, that you be the only one to use this address.  Personally, I think it is very dangerous to share this address, since it opens up your Evernote account to spam, and abuse by others, which could quickly consume your monthly upload allowance.

So, if you are the only one using this address, I'm not sure I see the value of notifications in your normal email client (like Apple Mail).

If you want to know which Notes came from email, you can use this Search term:

source:mail.*

• Level 5*

You really don't have a mailbox at EN, just the address.  Nor do I think that EN is in the business of modifying email software to read a note in EN, which I think I read into your request.  May be a 3rd party provider, but I haven't heard of one.  Also, I don't know if there is an IFTTT recipe to notify your primary email of an inbound email to your EN account. 

In the meantime, if these emails are coming from others it is reasonably safe to assume they will all appear in your default notebook and will need to be read by the EN client of choice.

Archived