Update not installing

I have a notice in the App store that there is an update to Evernote. When I select the update option, it does not load. The spinner shows that it is trying to run but nothing happens. I ensured that Evernote was closed before starting and there is no error message. I tried restarting and it did not make any difference.

I am trying to install 6.0.15 and currently have 6.0.13 installed. My system is a Macbook Pro running OS X Yosemite version 10.10.3.

I am having the same problem.  

Also,the pop-up window offering most Web Clipper extension options now appears only briefly (on Chrome, Safari and Firefox; Mac running OS X 10.10.4; ).  

Now, disappearance of the pop-up is followed by on-screen options limited limited to full-screen, or selected area, clipping.  

Does anyone know whether these problems are related?

I just checked the App store for updates and it reported that 6.0.15 is now installed in Evernote. Opened Evernote and confirmed that it was version 6.0.15. Don't know when or how it happened but it is done.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :

When I open Evernote 16.0.13 on my Mac running Yosemite 10.10.4 a screen appears with information of an update ( version 6.0.16 ) . I try to perform the update and after downloading, another screen appears telling me that there was an error.

Already tried several times and same error. I opened two support cases : # 1158137 and # 1161134 some days ago with no response yet from the Evernote support team ( I'm a Evernote "premium" customer).

Does anyone has an idea to try to fix this ?

Thank you and best regards.

• Level 5*

Hi.  You've raised this with the support team,  so they will get back to you at some point... meantime you could try uninstalling the current app and then download and install the updated one...

• Level 5*

Hi - Evernote support don't do weekends (AFAIK) so the 16th is -just about- two working days ago and they don't work that fast either.  I'm sure they will get back to you,  meantime an uninstall/ reinstall may fix the problem for you anyway...

Archived