PDF Corruption

at1488

The computer is running Windows 7 professional.

In a single note file containg a PDF, I moved the PDF from the bottom of the note, to the middle of the note. On landing in the new location, the adobe pdf symbol was exchanged for an external drive with the Windows flag, and the title replaced by alphanumeric gibberish. I attempted to open the file - Windows reported that the file was corrupted. I tried Ctrl+z hoping I could just undo what had just been done. No joy. I was stuck. In this same note, the second PDF file, still at the bottom, also became corrupt, bearing a similar alphanumeric tombstone. Neither of the word files in the note were affected. Has anyone had experience with this, or know what the issue is? I have opened these notes on my mac now. They are corrupt here as well.

Over the last week I've begun working across two computers to avoid commuting with my laptop, and was literally on the verge of upgrading before this happened.

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not had this experience,  but you were right in trying to undo the action immediately - you could also have prevented syncing so that the error would not carry over to your other devices.  Sounds like the only way back now is via a backup copy of your database if one exists,  or if you upgrade to Premium you'll have Note History which -provided the note was around for 12 hours or so prior to this problem-  should allow you to step back past the most recent edits and recover the file.

I hadn't considered modifying the sync. On the windows version it syncs everytime I make a change. That's most convenient, but it might not be a bad idea to just sync it manually when I'm done making changes. Thanks for the tip about premium note history.

Archived