Recent notes Apple iOS

Is there any way to turn off the "recent" notes that appear at the top of my notebooks on Evernote for iPhone? It may seem nitpicky, but I feel as though it's unnecessary additional clutter on the screen. I can see that it could be useful to many, but for me, I index my files well, so I can find what I need with ease.

• Level 5*

Hmmm. If I press Notebooks on the home screen the only thing I get on the next screen are my notebooks. The only recent notes I see are on the home screen under Notes, per the above setting. Don't know what to tell you. Post a screen shot if you like.

I think you mean "recent notebooks" section.

The recent notebooks section is indeed there... Shows the latest 3 notebooks accessed. It's not possible to hide that section at the moment... But I agree that it should be. Especially on an iPhone.

One inevitably has to scroll down to access your notebooks or stacks ordered to show at the top of the list... And I'm assuming most people prefix their notebooks to have specific ones at the top. Even if the recent notebooks section is easily accessible and shows the notebooks one is likely looking for, we are creatures of habit and establish pathways/ patterns to get to where we want to... one has to pause for a split second to see if the recent notebooks section has what you're looking for.

• Level 5*

Maybe I don't see that since I only have 5 synced notebooks?  Another benefit to controlling the NB chaos?  ;)   Unknown as it may have been...

Cal, I can tell from your inbox that you stay on top of things ;-)

I have 149 notebooks spread between about 12 stacks. That number is coming down as I consolidate into tag categories... But still, I do see the point of the recent notebooks section perhaps needing an opt out in settings for some.

Quick question: I'm assuming that if you view all notes in that stack, you're in fact viewing all notes in your account, right?

That looks like a quicker way to get back to all notes when you come out of a notebook.

So for my AMS stack (work) I separate notebooks according to different facets of company business I tend to. I.e AMS stack with a projects notebook, references notebook, adwords notebook, etc. each notebook contains information relevant to that topic or task. Maybe I should reevaluate my structure? I don't know..it works for me I'm just complaining about the recent notes. Seems trivial, but it's annoying to me.

Recent NOTEBOOKS. Recent notes can be seen on the home screen and while searching... Which can be configured in settings. You're talking about recent notebooks under your notebooks section, which cannot be hidden. I agree that it is not useful to some.

• Level 5*

Cal, I can tell from your inbox that you stay on top of things ;-)

I have 149 notebooks spread between about 12 stacks. That number is coming down as I consolidate into tag categories... But still, I do see the point of the recent notebooks section perhaps needing an opt out in settings for some.

Quick question: I'm assuming that if you view all notes in that stack, you're in fact viewing all notes in your account, right?

That looks like a quicker way to get back to all notes when you come out of a notebook.

Frank, very nice!  That was early in the day, down to 6 now, a few pesky items.  :P

Yup, I have two stacks, one for synced notebooks and one for local notebooks (five of those as well).  So either Notes on the home screen or EN Stack on the Notebook screen generates the same set of notes.  In my case though, I find myself using the tag and shortcut options the most.  With five notebooks they are all selectable from the home screen.  FWIW.

Archived