Big Merge - now crashes every time

Hi, 

I've not had any issues with Evernote in the 2 or 3 years I've had it, but today I attempted to merge approx. 60 notes (each with a single image in the note) and Evernote crashed.  I've been force-quitting many times but the same thing happens every time.  Evernote starts then within around 10 seconds I get the spinning wheel and have to force quit/.   At one point I did mange to select 'Check for updates' before it crashed and was able to update to the very latest Evernote version - but this still crashes the same.  I'm running latest version of Yosemite.

Update: I've managed to delete the note that I think was causing the problem and En has stopped crashing but now EN desktop continually tries to sync and appears to be looking for the deleted file.

• Level 5*

Update: I've managed to delete the note that I think was causing the problem and En has stopped crashing but now EN desktop continually tries to sync and appears to be looking for the deleted file.

You may need to permanently delete the problem Note in the EN Trash (empty Trash).

I hope you don't mind, but I had a few thoughts about your workflow:

1. Dedicated Photo Management apps work much, much better than Evernote.
  2. Why do the merge?  Have you considered just creating a TOC for the selected Notes/images?
  3. Creating one large Note can cause problems (as you have seen), and also be slower to download/view.
  4. If you want to see all (or many) of the images at the same time, you could try the "Expanded Card View"

Just some thoughts/ideas, that will hopefully be of some help to you.

Many thanks for you help - I've now emptied the trash and this has fixed the continuous syncing problem.

Thanks too for your workflow advice; guess I was being a bit dumb as I simply wanted to flick through each note quickly (website screen grabs of garden designs for inspiration).  I'm now viewing them using Card View and cycling back and forth using the keyboard arrow keys to show the larger images.

• 2 months later...

I am having the same problem- mine were mostly web page grabs. I tried to merge and now everything freezes. Problem is- I need those notes- they have disappeared off the "all notes" tab and unfortunately I went into my web version and they are gone from there as well. The notes are travel bookings and itineraries for a trip I am taking- on Monday. I emailed support but since it is a weekend I haven't heard from them. Is there any way to access another backup? I have Evernote premium

Archived