Scannable recognizes some Business cards as photos; can't import into contacts

Jimmymac501

Hi, I'm trying out scannable, and on some business cards, It labels them as photos, and does not give the option to import the info into contacts. How can I correct this? This seems like a very easy thing to fix, but I can't find a way to tell the app is reading a business card as a picture.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm Windows and Android,  so no Scannable experience here yet ( ^_^) but can you try / have you tried the Evernote app camera for the same function?  Scannable is (supposed to be) the cutting edge of recognition tech,  but sometimes Evernote Camera's features are just that little bit more applicable...

If Scannable detects and 'cuts out' the card correctly, then it will do its best to extract any business card info it can. So, if a business card hasn't obviously been cut out incorrectly (a slice missing) then telling Scannable to 'treat as business card' won't be able to help, unfortunately.

Tips for best OCR/business card detection: When scanning, try to keep the card neatly inside the phone screen, so the edges of the card touch the edges of your screen. Try to scan in good lighting, and watch out for reflections which might be obscuring the details. 

And if you have examples that aren't working that you're happy to share, we'd love to see those, to improve.

Archived