Why can't I set ".inbox" as my default notebook?

• Level 5*

? Which version of Evernote ?  I created .inbox in my Windows desktop version without any problem and it shows in the drop down list.  Try syncing your client too..

• Level 5*
In one (recent-ish) Mac update the notebook list in Preferences didn't show any notebook names starting with symbols,  so if you added a symbol to sort the name to the top of your notebook list (Like *default " for example) it wasn't possible to choose that notebook when setting/ resetting the default.  

It's a known bug that hopefully will get resolved in the next update.

Workaround:  go to Notebooks, find your notebook, click on the gear icon, then click the “make this my default notebook” checkbox.

Interesting I resolved the issue turns out when you go to the menu and select "Evernote" > "Preferences" I was unable to select ".inbox" as my default.

However if you go to the menu and select "View" > "Notebooks" then select the gear icon this is where I got the option to check the box to "Make this my default notebook".

It works fine now however it appears I've stumbled upon a bug given that the ".inbox" notebook was the only notebook that was not listed in the preferences>general dropdown.

Thanks Everyone!

Aha! so it seems I did not discover anything after all lol thanks!

In one (recent-ish) Mac update the notebook list in Preferences didn't show any notebook names starting with symbols,  so if you added a symbol to sort the name to the top of your notebook list (Like *default " for example) it wasn't possible to choose that notebook when setting/ resetting the default.  

It's a known bug that hopefully will get resolved in the next update.

Workaround:  go to Notebooks, find your notebook, click on the gear icon, then click the “make this my default notebook” checkbox.

Archived