Is there a way to break up a multi page pdf back into separate scans?

Genemonkey

I'm new to scannable.  I like the way it scans but it is very hard to navigate and there doesn't seem to be a proper menu.  

I scanned some docs the other day and they were in my tray.  Used again for the second time today.  Got home nothing there.

I thought I had lot of individual scans but luckily they all seem to have been saved to Evernote, but unluckily as one document.  I was trying to work out how to send them individually or in sets.  They seem to have been sent by the app.  So now I have two gigantic documents in pdf in evernote and no scans in scannable.  Is there any way to break up the pdf into the individual scans again?  I need to be able to send different bits to different systems.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Can't comment on Scannable - I use Windows and Android so the app is not available yet ( :() but splitting PDFs I can help with - 

The PDF files you create aren't necessarily searchable,  because each page may be an image,  wrapped in a PDF file.  (Some PDF apps will allow you to combine several JPG files into one PDF) 

Images take up (a lot) more space than text.  An fully OCR version of a 50MB file forinstance should be a small fraction of the size.

If you're saving your file in Evernote - free users don't get the automatic OCR of an uploaded file which Plus/ Premium users enjoy - do your own OCR and upload a PDF file in text mode,  which Evernote can then index for searches.

A lot of PDF editor apps have the ability to split and merge files,  and some can also OCR.  

PDFSam http://www.techradar.com/downloads/pdf-split-and-merge (free software) will do the splitting and merging thing for the moment.

PDFsam basic is free and open source platform-independent software designed to split, merge and rotate pdf files.

There are lots out there - do a search with "pdf split and merge" plus your OS for options.

For the ambitious - see also Sejda:  Split, merge, extract, rotate and encrypt your PDF files online!

• 8 months later...

Archived