Evernote problem on MacBook Air

Hello. I am a new Forum member with a small problem. Evernote works perfectly on my iPhone and iPad but not at present on my MacBook Air. It says it unexpectedly quit the last time it was run and would I like to send a crash report. If I don't, nothing happens. If I do, it goes round in circles, telling me time after time Evernote has quit and would I like to send a crash report, etc, etc. This is driving me insane. Does anyone know what's the best thing to do? I'd be grateful - and saner - for advice.

Many thanks,

Michael. 

• Level 5*

Hello. I am a new Forum member with a small problem. Evernote works perfectly on my iPhone and iPad but not at present on my MacBook Air. It says it unexpectedly quit the last time it was run and would I like to send a crash report. If I don't, nothing happens. If I do, it goes round in circles, telling me time after time Evernote has quit and would I like to send a crash report, etc, etc. This is driving me insane. Does anyone know what's the best thing to do? I'd be grateful - and saner - for advice.

Many thanks,

Michael. 

If you're not running EN Mac 6.0.11 (the latest ver), then you might want to update to it to see if it will fix your issue.  I'm running it on three Macs, Mavericks and Yosemite, and they are all working well.

If you're running the Mac AppStore version, you might want to switch to the DirectDownload version at Evernote.com.   The AppStore version has had many issues that were NOT in the DirectDL version.

You can also tray a simple reinstall of the app, which will often fix this type of problem.

This should not affect any of your Notes or other data.

But if you have any Local Notebooks, you might want to export them to ENEX files just to be safe.

To reinstall the app, see Evernote KB Article: How do I uninstall and reinstall Evernote [App]?

Archived