All Notes Disappeared

snufman

gazumped - Thanks, your post is helpful.  I am relieved to find my notes on line as you suggested.  I am running Windows 7, EN version 5.8.6.  CHROME browser. I ungraded EN recently, but after the problem occurred.  I rebooted computer.   No solution yet, except confirming my notes are in EN online.  

• Level 5*

Glad you still have your notes anyway.  You should still have a database folder here - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases,  and for safety I'd suggest you File > Exit Evernote (if it's running) and copy it somewhere safe -like your desktop- now.  (Regular backups of that folder are also good!)

Then you can try two things - one is simply to uninstall and reinstall Evernote.  Too many upgrades sometimes leave the app a bit of a bloated mess,  so complete removal and reinstall streamlines things and refreshes some important links.

If,  when you reinstall,  you are still missing notes,  then the next step is to exit Evernote and to rename your database folder.  Just make it Databases.old.  Then log back into Evernote.  This will rebuild your database from scratch,  so can take some time if you have a lot of notes.

HEALTH WARNING::  If you have any Local (unsynced) notebooks,  or any unsynced notes,  you should export them to ENEX files before zapping the folder,  otherwise they will be lost.  But if you can't get into the database anyway that may be a problem on this device.  If you have another desktop or laptop you could install elsewhere and use your backed up copy of the database to recreate your current notes (including the unsynced ones) so you can export them from there...

Hope that helps - if you have any questions...

Archived