Sync Penultimate written notes to an existing Evernote notebook

GEMIII

I would like to add written notes to an already established notebook within Evernote. 

Penultimate will not let me create a notebook of the same name of an existing Evernote notebook (that is understood).

so the only workaround i can find is to change the name or misspell the original notebook within Evernote, then create the notebook on PU with the correct name. then sync. then move all content of the misspelled notebook to the newly created notebook. so now i have all the desired content in one notebook where i can add written notes from PU.

Is there an easier method?

Thanks

I would like to add written notes to an already established notebook within Evernote.

Penultimate will not let me create a notebook of the same name of an existing Evernote notebook (that is understood).

so the only workaround i can find is to change the name or misspell the original notebook within Evernote, then create the notebook on PU with the correct name. then sync. then move all content of the misspelled notebook to the newly created notebook. so now i have all the desired content in one notebook where i can add written notes from PU.

Is there an easier method?

Thanks

It is my guess, and it is only a guess, that the very reason that notebooks and notes are organized the way they are in v6 vs previous versions is to support exactly what you're trying to do, but will be coming in a future release.

• 3 months later...

There is a slightly easier method: you create the note in PU - either in an existing- or a new Notebook. Once saved, you go to Evernote and move it to the Notebook you want it in. Then sync Evernote. Next time you open PU, the Notebook and Note will be there.

• 5 months later...

Syncing PU notes with my Evernote Notebooks is key for me and I have been using the same approach that torbs describes.

I would add to thebosman comment that after you create a new PU note that you want to link to an Evernote notebook that is not yet listed in PU, you must sync PU by going to the PU homescreen (or waiting I guess but it seems to be slow to sync) before you head over to Evernote.  If you create the new PU note but do not sync PU then Evernote will not see the new note.  After you sync PU and then sync Evernote you can reassign the note within Evernote.   When you sync Evernote again the Evernote notebook you assigned the PU note to will then show-up within your PU notebooks and you're set moving forward - at least for that notebook.

I am "all-in" with Evernote and for the most part with PU but I have to say this process seems completely nuts.  We know that PU can "see" your evernote notebooks because when you try to create a notebook within PU that has the same name it shoots and error saying the notebook already exists (in evernote - NOT in PU).  So the big problem is that you cannot just go ahead and select the Evernote notebook you want to sync with PU in the first place - as part of the PU create new notebook dialogue.  Hopefully they will add this functionality in the future :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just discovered this issue and, for me, this is completely unacceptable.  It make absolutely no sense to have these extra steps.  I want the apps to work seamlessly, especially when I pay a monthly fee.  And you need both apps because the handwriting feature in Evernote itself is horrible.  Get it together please, it's 2016.

• 1 month later...
On 18 January 2016 at 6:58 PM, mehollingsworth said:

I just discovered this issue and, for me, this is completely unacceptable.  It make absolutely no sense to have these extra steps.  I want the apps to work seamlessly, especially when I pay a monthly fee.  And you need both apps because the handwriting feature in Evernote itself is horrible.  Get it together please, it's 2016.

Of course you are choosing to pay the monthly fee... They're not forcing you!

• 1 year later...

Previous post is pointless. Back to the point. Two years from this original post, same problem. I have a folder that in Penultimate has 3 notes and in Evernote has 12 because only 3 were created in Penultimate. It seems the only thing to do is to create them in Penultimate and have one file folder in Penultimate that you then use to pull notes from to file in Evernote files. Otherwise you are trying to manage two sets of data in two applications but in the same folders. This has been the primary reason for not using Evernote more. Please fix this.

Archived