Doesn't remove tag from all notes

tim23795

Idea

When I select a group of notes that all have a common tag, add a new tag, and remove the original tag, the original tag gets removed from most of the notes but a handful of the notes now have both tags. Why aren't the original tags removed from some of the notes? Has anyone else experienced this?

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  I don't use tags a lot (long story) but I haven't noticed any similar issues.  Sounds like something that would need a bit more in depth analysis than we can offer through the boards here - best suggestions are probably going to be:

Add your new tag(s) and sync

Delete the old tag and sync

Do another search on the old tag just in case...

Try the same operation on EN Web

If,  after a careful retry,  you're still seeing the same behaviour:  submit a bug report on this.  You won't necessarily get any follow-up,  but it does mean that the devs will take a look at your situation and (maybe) fix it in a future release...

submit a bug/ lost data report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

Archived