Offset Problem with Jot Script 2

rwtrick

Yesterday I received the new Jot Script 2. When I begin writing there is a 2-3mm offset issue from where the point of the stylus hits the screen and the line on the IPad (I'm using the IPad Air). When writing  in zoom mode the offset problem hasn't occurred. 

After writing for several moments the offset problem stops and the pen performs normally. Any thoughts?? At first I thought it was the stylus, but when I wrote with the stylus in other note taking apps the problem never occurred, so obviously it's an issue with Penultimate.

I just received my Jot Script 2 on 4/10/15 and am seeing the same issue. The stylus tip is aligned with the detected point in other apps on my iPad Air, just not in Penultimate. The issue seems to happen in both zoom mode and non-zoom. It is not as bothersom in zoom mode, because as the box drifts it seems to mask the effect.

I have not seen it get better after any length of time. Help! Is there a way to get them back in alignment. I swear it was aligned in the beginning and just snapped at some point.

Update:  After a good nights sleep for me and my iPad; the offset problem seems to have gotten better, as in gone away.  Searching among the discussion boards, yields that the angle that you hold the Jot Script can affect the offset, power cycle of iPad can fix, wrist position setting is critical, etc..  I am not sure what fixed, so that bothers me.

Also, I have periodic issues with missing text that I write.  Yes, multi-touch gestures is turned off.  This missing strokes issue seems resolved when I changed my "wrist protection position" setting.

Overall, getting comfy and happy with my new Jot Script 2.  Also, the Jot Script will power itself off after 2 minutes of inactivity, this is a battery saving feature.

I love the small nib of the Jot Script even in non-approved apps.  It works because when it is ON, it projects a larger capacitive "fingerprint" than its little nib is. 

It feels good to use on the screen.  The rubber tipped styli don't always glide well on a screen that is not squeaky clean.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same challenges and that is in writing with it the writing is offset from where I place the tip, depending on the app, quite significantly on my iPad mini, with Penultimate being the worst offset.

I have noticed however that if I don't have the pen acknowledge or sync the pen, under the settings menu of the app the offset is quite less and with some apps non-existent.

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem with script 2 and Evernote. I notice it is worse when lying down ( on back ) and holding my mini above me, which causes a much different angle than at a desk. Hoping that this will correct itself with a power down, as others have suggested.

Archived