Sharing notes with family member

• Level 5*

I'm using EN Windows client and would like to share notes with a sibling who uses EN iOS client. I'd like to share multiple notes, so I'm guessing the easiest way to do this is via a shared notebook?

Are notebook shares still allowed for free users? How do I set this up now that EN has "work chat"?

Can the share be extended to a third family member?

Any issues to watch out for when sharing a notebook? I assume if two (or more) people make changes to a note in a shared notebook between syncs, each person will see a note in the Conflicting Changes notebook?

• Level 5*

OK, I've got the basic notebook share set up. Created a notebook and shared it via Work Chat and gave sharee Edit and Invite rights.

In the sharee's iOS app, under Settings > General > Reminders, there is a section entitled "Joined Notebook Subscriptions" which lists the shared notebook and has a 'Subscribe' toggle. What does this do? Turn on reminders for notes in the shared notebook that have a due date?

What does this do? Turn on reminders for notes in the shared notebook that have a due date?

Exactly. You figured it out. There are also notifications directly in the Reminders List on desktop where one can subscribe to reminders in notebooks that you've joined. 

Archived