(Archived) deleted tags not synced?

soundsgoodtome

Idea

i love evernote. :-)

95% of the time, i'm on my macbook pro, but i sometimes use it on a secondary mac. on the macbook pro, i routinely delete tags that aren't in use. they're usually the result of a tag i misspelled, then corrected, leaving the misspelled one in the list.

well, today i noticed that all of those tags i've been regularly deleting on the macbook pro still show up in the tag list on the secondary mac. it seems that while evernote syncs the creation of tags, it's not syncing the deletion of tags. just an oversight, perhaps?

4 replies to this idea

When you say that you're deleting a tag ... do you mean that you're removing it from an individual note, or are you selecting it on the left side and removing that tag completely from your account?

In either case, this should synchronize correctly, but the two actions are a bit different.

Thanks

When you say that you're deleting a tag ... do you mean that you're removing it from an individual note, or are you selecting it on the left side and removing that tag completely from your account?

In either case, this should synchronize correctly, but the two actions are a bit different.

Thanks

i'm selecting them on the left and removing them completely -- on my primary mac. but on the 2nd mac, although all notes are syncing, the tag list still shows all of those old, deleted tags with "0"s next to them -- many of which were deleted months ago on the primary mac.

Ok, thanks for the report. This is a bug.

If you log on to your account on the web, you can see whether the tags appear there. If the tags are gone on the web, then this is a problem on the "receiving" computer. If the tags still appear on the web, then this is a problem on the "deleting" computer.

Dave, I have a similar issue when I tried to delete a tag that is no longer used. You do a control click on the tag and the drop down will have the option to delete the tag, but choosing and clicking on that, it appears as it did something but the tag remains on the left hand side of the desktop app. Thanks.

Archived