Annoying Email Confirmation & Other Dialogs

ildiavolorosso

Idea

Hey folks. I'm on a mission to eradicate unnecessary pop-up dialog boxes from my life in MacOS. Seeing bouncing icons in my system tray is one of the most annoying things in the world. Unfortunately, Evernote has become one of the top offenders on my computer...right up there with GoToMeeting. With unsolicited pop-up dialogs for sync issues (this is a tool that can be used offline!) and, worse, yet, the periodic pestering to confirm my email address, I'm giving too much unsolicited attention to Evernote at times I'm not using it.

So product feedback wise, please do everything you can to eliminate pop-ups. Especially this one:

1.png

I will NEVER click on this.

post-252375-0-82158600-1426868249_thumb.

8 replies to this idea

• Ex Employees

This pop up is a safety notification for you and your Evernote account. If for some reason you get logged out of Evernote, its important to always have your email updated and current.

Let us me know if you are seeing this repeatedly after confirming that your email is updated. 

This pop up is a safety notification for you and your Evernote account. If for some reason you get logged out of Evernote, its important to always have your email updated and current.

Let us me know if you are seeing this repeatedly after confirming that your email is updated. 

How often do you guys poll for that? If I confirm, will it appear again after a specified period of time?

How about adding "never show again" button? The real usefulness of this "notification" is arguable plus it makes very bad impression (I think I already saw some threads asking if this is legit).

How about adding "never show again" button? The real usefulness of this "notification" is arguable plus it makes very bad impression (I think I already saw some threads asking if this is legit).

I agree. This notification is so annoying and unnecessary. A simple checkbox with "never show again" would do it. Please fix it.

Evernote developers don't seem to know what they are doing. I get asked to verify my email address regularly. After having verified it the first few times I have given up trying. This is not a security measure, it is an annoyance!

@charboyd If what you are saying is true... How can you possibly think it is reasonable to ask a user to verify their email address every time they log out of a service!?

I really hope someone else comes to market with a cross platform product that I can move to instead of Evernote!

Archived