Evernote bug? all notes lost after some guy share notes to me

microelec

Hi,

I have evernote both on PC and WinPhone. After some guy share notes to me, my all notes lost when accessing on PC. But i still could see the notes by winPhone moible phone.

Quite strange! it seems I got two different views using same account. I did some relogin on PC and lost happen.

Is it evernote bug??? How could I get help or support from Evernote?

• Level 5*

Hi,

I have evernote both on PC and WinPhone. After some guy share notes to me, my all notes lost when accessing on PC. But i still could see the notes by winPhone moible phone.

Quite strange! it seems I got two different views using same account. I did some relogin on PC and lost happen.

Make sure that you are viewing "ALL Notes" on your PC.  I think it is under the EN menu View > All Notes.

To verify, you can access your notes using the EN Web client at Evernote.com.

Hi,

Make sure that you are viewing "ALL Notes" on your PC.  I think it is under the EN menu View > All Notes.

To verify, you can access your notes using the EN Web client at Evernote.com.

i view all notes. my previous notes all missed.

Hi.  This is not an Evernote bug.  You do need to log in to your account and (maybe) delete the shared-in notes.  Are you still having problems?

Actually the shared notes could not be deleted. It is forbidden by evernote.  

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is not an Evernote bug.  You do need to log in to your account and (maybe) delete the shared-in notes.  Are you still having problems?

Sorry - bad choice of words.  I should have said 'stop the share'

• Level 5*

Wow!  Evernote has really made the process of un-joining a shared notebook very confusing.

This is TERRIBLE UI design.  I can't believe that anyone with even the smallest sense of usability would design this, and then how could this possible pass any QA or usability testing????

The context menus and dialogs are inconsistent, make it hard for the user to know that he/she is selecting a joined NB, and finally, the worst offense, is that the dialog states that the NB will be "Deleted" !?!!?   This will surely scare off many users who definitely would not want to delete a NB that had been shared with them.

First, if you right-click on a joined NB in the Left Panel, it gives you no indication that the NB is a joined NB.

Next, there is NO "unjoin" or "remove" choice, only a "Delete" choice.

Here's a screen shot using EN Win 5.8.4 running on Win7 Pro x64:

EN-Win-584-LeftPanel-RightClick.png

Now, let's look at a screenshot of a right-click on a joined NB in the NB List:

It shows a "Remove" choice.

EN-Win-584-RemoveNB.png

But then, the Confirm Dialog that appears says that you will be DELETING the NB????

EN-Win-584-UnjoinNB-Dialog.png

Sorry - bad choice of words.  I should have said 'stop the share'

Wow!  Evernote has really made the process of un-joining a shared notebook very confusing.

This is TERRIBLE UI design.  I can't believe that anyone with even the smallest sense of usability would design this, and then how could this possible pass any QA or usability testing????

The context menus and dialogs are inconsistent, make it hard for the user to know that he/she is selecting a joined NB, and finally, the worst offense, is that the dialog states that the NB will be "Deleted" !?!!?   This will surely scare off many users who definitely would not want to delete a NB that had been shared with them.

First, if you right-click on a joined NB in the Left Panel, it gives you no indication that the NB is a joined NB.

Next, there is NO "unjoin" or "remove" choice, only a "Delete" choice.

Here's a screen shot using EN Win 5.8.4 running on Win7 Pro x64:

EN-Win-584-LeftPanel-RightClick.png

Now, let's look at a screenshot of a right-click on a joined NB in the NB List:

It shows a "Remove" choice.

EN-Win-584-RemoveNB.png

But then, the Confirm Dialog that appears says that you will be DELETING the NB????

EN-Win-584-UnjoinNB-Dialog.png

That's really confuse user. I could not agree more. And I managed to delete the shared NB but still could not get back my lost NBs.

• Level 5*

So it seems as though your notebooks still exist on the server,  and the only problem here is downloading them to your device.  I'd suggest you log in to https://www.evernote.com/Login.action?targetUrl=%2FHome.action via a desktop browser to make sure.  If you have no unsynced notes and no local notebooks it may be an option to uninstall Evernote completely and delete the database,  then rebuild everything from the server...

So it seems as though your notebooks still exist on the server,  and the only problem here is downloading them to your device.  I'd suggest you log in to https://www.evernote.com/Login.action?targetUrl=%2FHome.action via a desktop browser to make sure.  If you have no unsynced notes and no local notebooks it may be an option to uninstall Evernote completely and delete the database,  then rebuild everything from the server...

Hi gazumped, 

Thanks for your attention. I ever login via webBrowser and lost notes not there. What I have:

On mobile phone evernote: still could access all the notes.

On PC evernote: all notes lost

On webBrowser evernote: all notest lost

And it seems mobile phone evernote has a different view with PC/browser evernote, just like they are using different account.

And I could see different evernote email by PC evernote and mobile phone evernote.

on PC it is xxxx@m.evernote.com, while on mobile phone it is xxx@m.yinxiang.com.

Is there any approach evernote support guy could check the database from backend? What happened to my account?

yinxiang.com is the Chinese domestic version of Evernote and AFAIK uses a different database.  Are you physically in Asia now?

I travel to Europe from China a week ago. And this problem happens when I am in Europe.

So you mean some problem between database sync up?

• Level 5*

The two servers (AFAIK) don't sync together at all,  so you just can't at the moment get access to your original notes.  If you search the forums for "yinxiang" there are several queries related to it - this one seems to be the answer to getting access in Windows...  just change the location details in your device..??  https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/79491-switch-between-evernote-and-yinxiang-biji-china-印象笔记/

Archived