Identifying specific notes in the directory

Hi all,

I have kind of a doozy of a question, so this is probably geared more towards the power users and the code savvy.  

I recently realized that the notes in Evernote are in XHTML which is awesome because, being someone who knows XHTML, allows me a whole world of formatting possibilities that I can't get through the Evernote application itself.  Obviously to do this, I need to open the files in my code editor and work on the actual code of the file.  

After some poking around in the directory structure, I found where the notes are stored, however finding specific notes is a bit of a guessing game at this point.  The notes themselves are not uniquely named(they're all named note.xhtml) but rather it's the directories that they belong to that are uniquely named, meaning each note has its own directory.  The names for the directories, however, are long strings of hex code that for the life of me, I can't derive any specific meaning from.  This makes finding a specific note that I want to work on basically an exercise in futility.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea as to what the directory name hex codes are referring to, or if anyone is a lot smarter than me, if they could figure it out.

A directory name looks like thisFF00EA3A-80B3-4F9B-BE8E-9470B8155087

If you compute each hex value you get: 4278250042-32947-20379-48782-163211845652615

So yea, I totally don't know what to make of this, but I really want to understand what the hex values correspond to so I can easily find notes and open them in my code editor to allow me to really get after some formatting on these things.  Thanks!

Archived