We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zzamboni

Bug: Search for tags with emoji not working on OS X client

Idea

Hi,

I thought it would be a good idea to use emoji in some of my tags to help me visually identify them (got the idea from this thread). Unfortunately, when I click on such a tag in the OS X client, no notes are displayed. If I remove the emoji from the tag, the notes are found again. This works fine on the iOS and web clients, it seems only the OS X client has this issue. I'm attaching some screenshots that illustrate the problem.

This is with Evernote 6.0.6 on OS X 10.10.2 (the problem existed already on 6.0.5 at least).

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,

--Diego

OS X client not showing tagged notes:

post-111846-0-82477400-1424815587_thumb.

Web and iOS clients do show the tagged notes:

post-111846-0-40607800-1424815779_thumb.

2 replies to this idea

I'm having the same problem with the Mac client 6.0.6. I was just converting a few notebooks into tags and discovered this problem. Notebooks are fine, it's just tags that are broken. I love using emoji for color coding, but having it broken is a bummer.

@foogoo, thanks for replying, it's good to know it's not just me :) I have filed a support ticket about this with Evernote a couple of days ago, but no reply so far.