EVERNOTE FOR PHOTOS/PIC'S/IMAGES

Hi!

I am running a bodyshop in Norway and we have found Evernote convenient for use as a photo archive. The possability to search for registration numbers in the photos are a great help too keep track of images for our damage reports to various Insurance companies.

The scenario is:

Our 12 body workers will use Smartphones/tablets for photo documentation of damaged cars.

They will take photos before, under and after bodywork/Paint.

They will always start each photo session as a new note starting With photo of the registration number of the car as the first pic in every note.

Each car, or job, may have as many as 5-6 sessions, or notes, before the job ends.

We have approx. 1000 photos per month.

In the office the photos will be used as documentation in our web-based damage assasment/report system developed by an Scandinavian insurence Group.

We have 3 Windows pc's our surveyors use for damage reports and claims.

Here is the the questions:

We need our photos stored localy (on server), as the system only handles local files. We still need all the Evernote search options/note functions. The photos may still be synched to Evernote server for backup.

Is this possible With Evernote Business?

And will it handle the amount of data?

Regards Baerum Biloppretting AS

Snorre Wollebaek

Ph +47 67133588

Mail: snorre@b-bil.no

• Level 5*

Hi.  You'll need a business account with 12+ users for your bodyshop workers and any admin staff.  Each user will get a personal premium account as well as access to the business account.  The only problems I can see are:

Reliability:  Your photos will be synced with the server via phone signal or wifi.  Having taken a series of photos,  the note must be saved and synced,  which will take a little while with a number of photos.  If the process is interrupted you will lose the whole note - all photographs - in one go.  It might be better to take one photo per note - using maybe a printed registration number in each photo - but that would be slower and photos could still be lost.

Security:  The notes have to go to Evernote's servers first before they are synced down to the central Business computer for your records.  It's not possible to save them direct to the business server on your premises.

You might want to try this out with one body worker and a free account  to verify the whole system could work as you require before launching the full process.  It will duplicate some work,  but it could also avoid a big disappointment if the process simply doesn't work when launched.

Please let us know how you decide to proceed...

• Level 5*

Hi!

I am running a bodyshop in Norway and we have found Evernote convenient for use as a photo archive. The possability to search for registration numbers in the photos are a great help too keep track of images for our damage reports to various Insurance companies.

. . .

Here is the the questions:

We need our photos stored localy (on server), as the system only handles local files. We still need all the Evernote search options/note functions. The photos may still be synched to Evernote server for backup.

When you put a photo into Evernote, it loses ALL of the photo metadata recorded by the camera app, like date, location, etc.

Frankly, I'm not sure that Evernote is the best app for your needs.  You might look around at the various smartphone apps (do you use iOS or Android?).  Many of them sync with DropBox and other online services.

There are lots of reports of problems with Evernote sync.  I've not seen any sync issues with DropBox.

Archived