Conflicting changes

I don't understand what to do with these.  If I click one it indicates it will be moved, but moved to where? Will I lose data? Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post.  You can send me to the correct place please.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Conflicting changes arise when Evernote doesn't know which is the latest version of a note's content.  So you should see extra text in the note,  or a separate note with more or less the same content.  Delete anything you don't want or don't need,  and then re-save the latest note. 

• Level 5*

I don't understand what to do with these.  If I click one it indicates it will be moved, but moved to where? Will I lose data? Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post.  You can send me to the correct place please.

Thanks.

If you see a "Conflicting Changes..." Notebook, it means that the Note in that NB is a different version, updated at a different time, than the original Note in the original NB.  IOW, both Notes were sync'd when changes had been made on another device, but NOT sync'd.

I just did a test using EN Mac 6.0.6 and EN iPhone 7.6.4.  One interesting thing is that the "Conflicting Changes" NB appeared on my Mac, but NOT on my iPhone, even after I sync'd both again. 

To deal with conflicting Notes, you need to review the Note in the Conflicting Changes notebook with the original Note:

• Determine which one you want to keep
  • Delete the Note you do NOT want to keep (it will be moved to your EN Trash)
  • If you decided to keep the Note in the Conflicting Changes notebook, move it to the original Notebook, and then delete the Conflicting Changes Notebook
  • Optionally, you can merge the two Notes using copy/paste

Of course you should do a MANUAL sync as soon as you have completed your review and changes.

Then do a manual sync on all other devices to make sure the updated Note is sync'd.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Archived