Lost Business Users Notes

I have deactivated a business user that has left my company.  I made the assumption that the user will not have access to the business notes but that the notes remained with the business.  I did not, however, see the instructions that I needed to backup the users notes before deactivating.  The notes are lost!

Is there a way to recover them?

Hmm, 

That doesn't really explain what you need.

I think it is about making sure the Notebooks/Notes are synced with someone before revoking the account, otherwise anything they have which is different may not be available.

Did they have anything that was not also in use by another person in the business? Do you have any back up data?

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for your quick reply.  I have read the knowledge article and I have checked both the person's business notebook (which now only shows the "Welcome to Evernote" note) and the trash.  It is almost as if the person never took any notes.  I can't seem to find anything from her.  I've even tried exporting from the admin console and importing into my Evernote application to no avail.

Any other thoughts?

Hi Ryan,

Had you seen Notes on her database before?

To be honest, I think if you have deleted them they may well be gone from the software.

However, if you have access to the computer or one were the database had been run from you should be able to find the persons database and possible restore it again - not done that with a de-registered account so be careful and experiment with an off line computer.

If you go 'Tools', 'Options', it tells you were the local files are stored. This is also were the database is stored. Look for the name of the persons account.

Regards

Chris

Archived