Make snapshot "plain text" and the document disappears

Greetings,

I am new to evernote, so bear with me ... through evernote I took a picture of a paper that had handwritten notes on it, I saved it and retrieved it with no issue several times. I was monkeying around with the evernote app and functions while on this particular "snapshot" and chose "simplify formatting>make plain text" and then my "picture/document" was gone, gone, gone. And I have not been able to bring it back.

Since then I have done a test ... I have taken another pic of a doc w/ handwritten notes, performed the same silly operation on it, but this time I immediately shook my phone for the "undo" function -- the pop-up that results is: "undo outdent." So I choose "undo" and my note is back!

Any ideas as to how to get my other note back? Thanks in advance.

-Booncis

• Level 5*

Hi.

If you're a premium user and your note has been around for a while,  you can use 'note history' to go back and see previous versions.  If you're not a premium user,  you could upgrade for a month or so to use that feature and then revert to being a free user.

Your 'undo' shake would work if you did that immediately after reformatting the note;  but if you've gone on to do other things and come back,  you've lost the opportunity.

This sort of thing is a good reason to consider a desktop installed version with its own local database copy,  and frequent backups of your content...

Archived