Syncing Notes from Phone to PC not showing up on Web

Hi,

Hope someone can help me with this.  I am trying backup / sync notes from my Android (Motorola) smartphone to my PC, as I plan to reset the phone shortly.  While I have activated the sync from my phone, when I open the Evernote Web site I cannot see any of the notes.  I plan to return the notes to the phone once it has been reset.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

• Level 5*

If your phone shows that the sync has been successful,  then you may be logged into the wrong account online.  You would obviously see your notes if you were logged in with the same user ID.  If your phone shows any errors with the sync,  you'll need to correct those.  Having said which: mobile devices don't store notes locally - they save notes to temporary memory,  then sync back to the online server for permanent storage.  Your early notes should already be on the server.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

When I press sync I have no indication the sync has been successful.  When I access the Evenote Account Info on my phone it lists an evernote email.  Is this the email I need to enter, or should it be the original signup email ?  I have tried both and I cannot see any notes in the server.  By server, I am assuming the Evernote Web ?

Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*

The web is the server (sounds very zen...) but if it's showing no notes,  you may have logged into a duplicate account - try logging out again online and log back in with the same user ID you use on the phone.  A sync doesn't require email addresses,  just the 'Sync' button in the app.  If you synced successfully,  you'll get some sort of positive statement to that effect in the app.  If it didn't work.. I'm not sure exactly what you see,  but I'm sure you'd see some sort of error.

Archived