Web Beta Freezes, Makes Site Unusable

Qoion

Originally, I only went to the Evernote site to download the client. Now, after opting in to the beta, the whole site has become unusable. The Web Beta hangs as soon as a menu item is clicked. This includes Settings, meaning I can't revert to the stable release. Any help?

Originally, I only went to the Evernote site to download the client. Now, after opting in to the beta, the whole site has become unusable. The Web Beta hangs as soon as a menu item is clicked. This includes Settings, meaning I can't revert to the stable release. Any help?

Hi Qoion, 

This doesn't happen to our other users who are on the Beta. Can you help us understand your setup so we can figure out what is unique? 

• Are your notes loading? Do you have a lot of notes?
  • What browser are you on? What type of system are you on? PC/Mac/Other?
  • When you are referring to menu do you mean the account menu on the navigation bar?

Yes, of course. My notes are actually loading, and the whole main interface is usable, unlike I said before. What /does/ happen though, is that the whole thing freezes as soon as an item from the account menu is clicked (Settings, Market, Premium...). I don't have a lot of notes at all, most are short texts.

I'm running the latest Chrome version on Windows 8.1. I guess hardware specs wouldn't matter?

Yes, of course. My notes are actually loading, and the whole main interface is usable, unlike I said before. What /does/ happen though, is that the whole thing freezes as soon as an item from the account menu is clicked (Settings, Market, Premium...). I don't have a lot of notes at all, most are short texts.

I'm running the latest Chrome version on Windows 8.1. I guess hardware specs wouldn't matter?

Thank you.  We will look into this.  The account menu was added recently but we have not seen this issue specifically. We'll see if we can reproduce it on a Windows 8.1 machine. Do you happen to see it using any other browsers? Thank you for your help. 

Archived