Having Severe Formatting Issues

Grants2012

Idea

With the latest update of Evernote, I'm having some formatting issues that are really affecting the way I take notes on my MacBook. Every time I try to change my text to be bold or underlined by hitting ctrl+b or ctrl+u etc, I start typing but the program immediately reverts back to its normal setting, so I don't even get a single character typed in bold. They only way I've been able to change my text is to type it out and then go back, highlight it, and change it there, which is incredibly inconvenient when I'm in the middle of class.

Has anyone else had this problem? Would anyone be able to suggest a solution? I have tried quitting and re-opening the app to no avail.

2 replies to this idea

Not to necro or bump a crazy old thread, but I came across this through Google so sue me.

I've been having the same problem since I updated I think around early December, maybe a little earlier. Basically whenever the Mac program got a visual redesign, iirc. I can highlight/select text and apply formatting changes, but anything done through shortcuts or manually clicking format changes (to make text bold, to alter text size, changing font, etc.).

I've looked through and can't find anything that seems like it would be relevant in preferences; I've just been assuming it's a really annoying bug that keeps me from applying emphasis within my class notes as I type them.

• Level 5*

I've a feeling that I've seen other comments on this,  but I'm unable to find them now..  if you're a premium user,  try raising a support request via the chat channel (weekdays only) to get some feedback on this - otherwise I can only suggest that you raise a bug report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Archived