700 notes on Desktop aren't syncing to Evernote Web

Hi

I used EVERNOTE  some years ago and still had 700 notes in my account when I restarted a few weeks ago.

But no matter how many times  I hit the manual sync button they don't appear on my Evernote for web account page.

New notes generated by the Web Clipper do appear on both sites.

I am wondering if this is because I - mistakenly - originally  created the notes as local rather than syncable.  How do I find out.  And, more important, how do I get my 700 notes onto my web account.

Advice gratefully received.

Andrew Mack.

• Level 5

Hi

I used EVERNOTE  some years ago and still had 700 notes in my account when I restarted a few weeks ago.

But no matter how many times  I hit the manual sync button they don't appear on my Evernote for web account page.

I am wondering if this is because I - mistakenly - originally  created the notes as local rather than syncable.  How do I find out.  And, more important, how do I get my 700 notes onto my web account.

Andrew Mack.

The only way to view a LOCAL notebook is with either the Windows or Mac Evernote desktop version.

If a note is in a LOCAL notebook, it is not sent to Evernote's cloud. Syncing will not help.

If they are not in your desktop version, they are gone, unless you maintained a set of backups.

Any missing notes created in a LOCAL (non-sync'd) notebook can only be restored from your backups.

You cannot change a LOCAL notebook to a SYNC'D notebook. 

If you can see the 700 notes in your desktop Evernote, there are a few ways to get them moved to a SYNC'D notebook.

But it will depend on which Client you are using.

In Windows, I would export the notes into an .enex file and then import them into my Evernote, rename the imported SYNC'D notebook and then sync. After I was 100% sure everything copied & sync'd correctly, (and ran a backup), I would delete the duplicate notes from my local notebook.

Hi

Andrew Mack.

Just create a new sync'd notebook & move all the notes from the local notebook to the newly created sync'd notebook & sync.

You may want to do this a few hundred notes at a time to be sure you don't max out your upload limit...

Archived