Deleted Text From Note Keeps Coming Back

While editing existing Evernote notes, I have observed that deleted text keeps coming back and being automatically re-added back somewhere into the same note after just a few minutes, resulting in duplications of lines of text within the same note.  This is making it quite impossible to reliably edit the note.  I have tried several things to prevent this such as keeping only one platform open at a time to prevent syncing conflicts, syncing shortly after each edit, and re-deleting the text.  It does not seem to matter what I do, or whether I just delete some selected text, or do a cut and paste to move the text somewhere else in the same note, or cut and paste it into another note, the same thing happens.  I have been principally working on a windows PC.  Thanks very much for any insights into this problem.

• Level 5*

OK well clearly this shouldn't happen.  Do you have any problems with your internet connection?  And are you using the installed version of Evernote Windows or the Website via a browser?

Thanks for the reply.  I have not noted any internet connectivity issues, nor any similar problems with any other programs.  During these instances I was using an installed version of EN for Windows.  I had not noted this problem in any other notes, just one particular one, notable for its large size compared to others, and which I was in the process of edting.  I suspect a syncing error of some sort, whereby deleted text from my locally displayed note would be added right back to it during a sync from the EN server.  Just a guess.  To try a fix, I made a new note to replace the old note, copying the text from one note to another, but noticed similar behavior.  Since then I tried something else - I copied the offending note's text into a word doc, edited out all the duplicated text, moved some other text into other notes, all to shorten the text, and then copied what remained into a newly created note, thus greatly shortening the content of the note that had been experiencing the aberrant behavior.   So far it has behaved OK.   I will attempt some editing of the newly created note and see if all is now well or if the odd behavior returns.

• Level 5*

Never heard of that one.  If it is an automatic sync kicking in, you might try changing sync to daily while your are editing the note, just to see.  Though you may have already have fixed the problem.

Thanks again for the posts - so far since I cleaned up the note by copting it out and editing it as a word document, deleting the old note, and then copying the cleaned-up text back in as a new note, it has been stable.  So far so good - I'll keep an eye on it and all the otner nootes in my notebooks, and see what happens.  In the end still not sure why it was happening, but I still suspect some type of syncing loop.  In any case, this seems to have occasionally happend to others, here is a link to an earlier EN user thread I came across, maybe there is some helpful info there.  https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/8987-text-duplicated-in-notes/

Archived