Wont sync- do I have two accounts?

• Level 5*

So what operating systems do your phone and PC use?  Can you see the same Evernote user name on each device?  If so,  then you only have one account + a sync issue.  If it's a different user name then you have more than one account.  To find out more,  log in to Evernote Web at https://www.evernote.com/Login.action?targetUrl=%2FHome.action

If EN Web has all your notes,  then the problem is that one or more of your devices aren't syncing to collect them from the server.

• Level 5*

Hi again - as you're all Mac and iOS it makes things a little simpler..  are you sure you have the latest Evernote update for each device?  And how do you know your "last connections didn't sync"?  What happened?  What did you see?

I think I have different accounts because I seem to have different versions of the same page, and when I modify one, the old page appears on one device, and several versions of the same page appear on another device.  Very confusing.  What happens if I delete an older version?

And is the shortcut also on the regular list of pages?

How do I know what version is on which device?  

• Level 5*

Hi - if you can find the 'check for updates' option,  you should get a feedback that tells you what version your Evernote app currently is.  You will also have a File menu somewhere which will have an 'Exit' option.  You can log out of Evernote on all your devices and log back in with one set of user details,  which will at least confirm you are logged in to only one account.  Beware though that is you don't know what other details you're logged in with,  some of your current notes may be unrecoverable.

If you export your notes from both accounts using the instructions here,  you'll have a backup that you can restore later if necessary...

Export, archive, and import Evernote notes - https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/28607737

Hi. This doesn't sound to me like a case of two accounts so much as Sync errors or a misunderstanding of how Sync works.

What I mean by the latter is that you cannot Sync between devices (clients). You are instead Syncing to the Evernote (EN) Servers. The Best Practices for ensuring the most current version of your EN Database are always Synced (saved) to the Servers are:

➡ When opening Evernote on any client, the very first thing you should do is manually Sync DOWN from the EN Servers. (This is in addition to the regular scheduled Syncs timed according to your preference in the Settings of each App on all your clients.) Syncing DOWN will ensure you are accessing the latest successfully Synced (saved) version of your EN Database.

➡ The very last thing you should be doing before exiting or closing Evernote on any client is to manually Sync UP to the EN Servers. Assuming your Sync is successful, this will ensure the most recent version of your EN Database is saved to the Servers.

That said, I'd also recommend following Gazumped's advice. He's way more experienced than I am!

Good Luck!

Archived