Cannot Upload

Brightone

Idea

Hello.  I am fairly new to Evernote so forgive me if this is a silly question.  Last month I bought a one month premium account as I was uploading a large number of files.  I only needed one month as I was just starting out and getting a backlog updated.  That premium subscription has now expired.  I have recently been trying to upload one pdf file of 786 KB but I get an error message telling me that my monthly upload allowance has been exceeded.  However the Account Info box says (and is accurate) that I have used 0 bytes of 60 MB.  My upload allowance does not reset for another 22 days.

Can anyone help?  Thanks in advance

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi - up or downgrading occasionally causes a bit of confusion until the next sync;  best suggestion at this stage would be:

1. Create a new local notebook in your account - that's one that will not be synced to the server.
  2. Move any unsynced notes into that notebook
  3. Empty your Trash notebook (at the bottom of the Notebooks list)
  4. Check for any Conflicting Changes notesbooks and correct/ delete the content.
  5. Try to sync again
  6. If necessary sign out of Evernote,  then back in and try again.

Hi.  Thanks for the suggestions and I did try the sequence shown above although unfortunately it didn't work.  I have now passed another monthly upload limit reset but still cannot create any new notes.  I have attached two screenshots to show what is happening.

I really don't want to have to pay for premium just to get this resolved, but it might be the only way unless anyone has any other ideas?

post-242447-0-33332200-1421577586_thumb.

post-242447-0-65531800-1421577587_thumb.

• Level 5*

This is kind've the extreme prejudice option,  but your desktop client seems to have it firmly fixed in its mind that you've exceeded the quota.  It may be necessary to completely remove and reinstall the app,  and rebuild your database from the server to get things back in proper sync.

If you have created a local notebook as I recommended,  then you will need to export it to an ENEX file before proceeding.

The steps are - 

• Exit Evernote
  • Backup your database
  • Download and install freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/ - http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/
  • Open it, and drag Evernote to the window to uninstall all traces of it from your computer.
  • Restart your computer
  • Download and re-install Evernote

NB  This completely removes Evernote and ALL Notes from your Mac.  If you have any local notebooks, or unsynced notes you must FIRST export them to ENEX files before you proceed.  

After reinstall/ syncing the new EN version, you can import these notebooks/ notes back into your EN Mac database.

If you have any questions about any part of that,  please ask!

Archived