Inbox workflow - new Penultimate version

CaptBeatty

Getting used to the new Penultimate.  Hated the update at first, but to be honest, with the drift added back, I find I can use it quite well again.  Like in all things, change is hard, but not always bad.  One issue I do have though...

My inbox routine (GTD based) is to create things quickly in my inbox, but then to end my planning session each morning with it empty... all notes tagged and filed.  I used to consider the Penultimate notebook one of my 'inboxes' as it is where new Penultimate notes would go.  I can't do this any longer it seems... by emptying my inbox of Penultimate notes, I can't seem to create one there.  Unless I keep a bogus note in my inbox, I have to create new notes in other folders where I only usually only allow tagged and processed notes.

Is there a way to create my new Penultimate notes in my empty inbox so that they are where I expect when I go to review, tag, and sort my notes?  Barring that, is there at least a way I can tag the notes from within Penultimate so I can at least not have my meeting notes go into my notebooks without being tagged by client?  I know I could create a notebook per client, but I would prefer to avoid that as I use tags rather than notebook for most of my organization.

• 2 weeks later...

For the moment creating a empty Penultimate note that sits in your inbox all the time is the best way to preserve your inbox workflow. If you put a Z as the first character of the name of that empty note is always is at the bottom of your inbox so it messes little with the rest whats in the inbox at any given moment.

Archived