Not Syncing

If Evernote won't sync for some reason, here are a few things you can do to figure why it won't sync and possibly resolve the issue:

• Verify you're connected to the Internet - It's possible that Evernote's sync failure is due to a lack of connectivity on your device. An easy way to verify this is to do something unrelated to Evernote that requires an active Internet connection: visit a Web site in your browser, check your email, etc.
  • Try restarting your computer or device - Simply restarting a device may fix a sync error.
  • Upgrade to the latest version of Evernote - sync errors are often fixed with product updates. Download the latest version of Evernote from your app store or the Evernote website.
  • Search for error messages - If Evernote is displaying an error message when trying to sync, try searching the Evernote Knowledge Base for the error message and see if there are any suggestions for resolving the problem.
  • Check Evernote's Status Blog - Each week, the Evernote servers are updated with new versions of the various software components that power the service. During this time, the service can be slow or even intermittently unavailable. Check status.evernote.com to ensure that there isn't a server-side problem causing your sync issue.
  • If you're using a Windows computer, verify that Internet Explorer isn't in offline mode by verifying that Work Offline isn't checked under Internet Explorer's File menu.

If none of these suggestions help in resolving your inability to sync or if you still cannot connect to Evernote's servers, please contact Evernote support. When you submit your support request, it will save time if you include a copy of your Activity Log from within the Evernote application. Follow the instructions here to get your Activity Log.

Of course, this last part only applies if you are a Premium user.  Evernote recently discontinued tech support for free users and you may want to pay the $5 for a month of Premium of you need their assistance.

Hello,

I'm having the same problem when going in sync Evernote notebooks can't. Herewith my condition :

1. I work with Evernote on smartphones and I normally would do in sync notebook when at home or in the office. I am currently having problems can not sync Evernote notebook with smartphone always fail.

2. My notebook must do reinstal and all data gone including my evernote. I've reinstal again evernote and try to sync to restore all note i'd create before. waiting for a hours the progres never complete or failed.

Is there a way to overcome it. Please help for this problem

• Level 5*

Hello,

I'm having the same problem when going in sync Evernote notebooks can't. Herewith my condition :

1. I work with Evernote on smartphones and I normally would do in sync notebook when at home or in the office. I am currently having problems can not sync Evernote notebook with smartphone always fail.

2. My notebook must do reinstal and all data gone including my evernote. I've reinstal again evernote and try to sync to restore all note i'd create before. waiting for a hours the progres never complete or failed.

Is there a way to overcome it. Please help for this problem

If the previous answer doesn't help with your problem - what kind of smartphone do you use?  WP / iOS / Android?  What kind of PC?  WIndows / Mac?

I'm using Evernote with the newest Android Version on Samsung s4 and Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 edition 2014.

Since yesterday I have the following problem: after updating (editing in the sense of adding some text and adding tags) between 20 to 50 records the evernote app freezes. The thinn blue line is running continuously, synchronization seems to run for ever. I have the feeling that it seems to hang on "downloading headers". The list of notebooks and the list of tags on the left cannot be displayed any more. Notes cannot be read, but the list of all notes can be displayed. I have around 12.000 notes on my free evernote account. Additionally I should mention that I am situated in Germany.

I can't find any useful information in the forum or in the internet. Do you have any suggestions how to solve the problem or about the cause of the trouble? The Evernote server is running smoothly, but there have been a new release. Is something wrong with that release? Do you have similiar problems? On the internet I found reports about similiar problems under iOs and other platforms after a release.

I changed already the synchronization frequency, but it didn't solve the problem. Any other suggestions what I could check? I tried the above mentioned options already.

Thank you for your kind help in advance

Hansi

• Level 5*

Hi.  Do you have a good internet connection for your devices?  There are no known problems for the update but you have made quite a few changes on devices that do not store the full database.  Your changes are cached until synced,  but if the device is rebooted,  or Evernote updated in the meantime they will be lost.  You may be able to check whether your changes have synced by going online at Evernote.com to see the notes on Evernote's servers.  If you have unsynced edited notes you may be able to email them to yourself via your Evernote email address.  If you find the changes have been synced and this is simply a problem with the app,  the best fix would be to remove and reinstall the app.

Archived