Editing checklists from multiple devices

I love checklists, but when I edit one on my iPhone or iPad, when I open it on another, or on my computer, instead of showing me what I'd left on the original device, it shows me changes—hard to describe, but if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about.

I've searched the forums for any addressing of this issue, but the only ones I've found that might be relevant are technically way beyond me.

I'd like to edit a list on any device and have the edited list appear when I open it on another.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

TIA

• Level 5*

Any chance of a screenshot?  Editing on one device,  in iOS forinstance,  may result in the note containing code that doesn't play well with another;  so editing may not be available.  There are list-editors around that have mobile and PC clients - I use Workflowy on Android and Windows.  Evernote may not be the best notepad for that specific activity.

• Level 5*

Ah.  Conflicting Changes - yep,  Cal nailed that one.  Ensure that you sync both before and after any change on any device,  especially if switching between different input methods - otherwise Evernote gets confused about which is the latest version and appends two versions together to let you sort it out.

• Level 5*

Three steps to make it more reliable, hopefully.

1. On your computer you can update the sync frequency using Tools - Options - Sync on Windows in any case.  I have mine set for every 15 minutes.
  2. On the iDevices, make sure to exit/close the note after editing and it will sync right then.  
  3. Sync first thing if you open EN when you return to your computer.

Be aware that the recent version of EN for IOS hangs on sync sometimes.  Haven't quite determined why, but it seems to be after a note is created on the iDevice.  Eventually syncs but takes multiple tries.  Trouble tickets have been submitted. 

Archived