Evernote 6.0 Performance under OS X

steven.lebowitz

Idea

5 replies to this idea

Not noticing this at the moment. If you are using the app store version you'll be getting an update soon that should improve the delay in displaying note content. If you are using the direct download version (e.g., the one you download from the webs its) you should update to Evernote 6.0.2 which seems to resolve a slew of problems. 

I am having the exact same issue.

Mac 10.9.5

Brand new laptop.

Just upgraded to evernote 6.0 and it is super slow.  I can't edit existing notes.  It doesn't show up in the edit pane.  I 2x click and it shows a blank note.  This is rough.

Yes I am using the version from the app store.

• Level 5*

EN Mac 6.0, AppStore, has some serious bugs that can cause loss of data (like Note Titles being set to "Untitled", and has performance and display issues.

It is recommended that you not use 6.0 for now.

You can:

1. Switch to Direct D/L version:  See Evernote Mac v6.0.2 Released
  2. Wait for the AppStore update, and use EN Web in the meantime.

I recently updated to Evernote 6 on my Mac (OS X 10.9).  I'm now finding that when I search for a note, displaying my selection takes upwards of 15 seconds.  Previously, displaying a note was nearly instantaneous.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Steve

• Level 5*

Since my above post, EN Mac 6.0.3 has been released for both Direct Download and Mac AppStore download.

However, the AppStore version continues to have issues.

If you are running AppStore Ver 6.0.3 and still having issues, then you may want to review comments by Evernote employee Marcus:

EN Mac 6.0.3 MAS Issues -- Marcus

Archived