6.01 Direct d/l v App Store: How does this happen?

pleasemakeitwork

Idea

I've been reading this Forum and the gist of what I see is that some users have upgraded via the App Store, and the result had been a complete face-plant.  They are being advised to go through a complicated uninstall and then to upgrade only from the EN site.  

How does this happen?  I know nothing about the industry. Is this something EN should have prevented?  Or is it something that App Store should have prevented?  Or is it joint negligence? Whose job is it now to warn those users who have not been fortunate enough to have happened upon the postings in this Forum, but who might upgrade via the App Store?  

I suspect that many, many users do not read this Forum; because, if they did, few users would be upgrading until the the wheels have been put back on. Is EN publishing an advisory?

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

It is very clear that the EN Mac 6.0 App Store was released without proper testing.

Nearly a year ago Evernote CEO Phil Libin promised that Evernote would put quality before everything else.

Sorry, Mr. Libin, but I think you have failed us all.

See:

On Software Quality and Building a Better Evernote in 2014 — EN Blog by Phil Libin, Jan 2014

Response to Jason Kincaid’s Article:  Evernote, the bug-ridden elephant

Archived