Evernote desktop client not syncing

kw4k

On the desktop client 5.7.2.5753 using Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, which has not synced in the last half day, thus not updating the web or my android client. I've moved a few hundred notes from one notebook to another and deleted several other notebooks.

Below is what shows in the Activity Log:
---
10:03:24 [11316] 2% Account resync attempt limit exceeded, terminating
10:03:24 [8588] Client synchronization finished, status: failed

Is this occurring due to the large bulk of data? Anyone else having similar issues?

(Also: my post from last night was removed??)

An ongoing problem for several weeks.  Support only tells you to watch for updates and use the web version.  See below.

Korben D. (Evernote Support)

Nov 17 13:31

Bill,

The engineers have a specific bug open for your individual crash. The nature of the crash requires that it be solved in a bug fix, which requires an application update. I wish there was a workaround or quick fix for this. I assure you that it is being looked at. I will keep you in the loop with updates. I do apologize for all of the inconvenience.

Regards,
Korben D.

• Level 5*

An ongoing problem for several weeks.  Support only tells you to watch for updates and use the web version.  See below.

Korben D. (Evernote Support)

Nov 17 13:31

Bill,

The engineers have a specific bug open for your individual crash. The nature of the crash requires that it be solved in a bug fix, which requires an application update. I wish there was a workaround or quick fix for this. I assure you that it is being looked at. I will keep you in the loop with updates. I do apologize for all of the inconvenience.

Regards,

Korben D.

Sometimes that's all that support can do, particularly in the case of bugs without workarounds. Bugs must be fixed, which means that they must be prioritized, replicated, and the cause identified. When a fix is made, it must be tested, and only after that will it be able to be released to the public, and that may need to wait until the next scheduled release. Any one or more of the intermediate steps may be time-consuming. Sometimes you get lucky: everything lines up, the problem is easily replicated, the cause is easy to find, the fix trivial, but it's not always like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived