Opted OUT of Web Beta

deb

I had a horrible time trying to navigate/create just my business notebooks.  Then when I added a note, well, let's just say I don't know where it went.  It shouldn't be easy to lose notes.  The application should make it very difficult for the end-user to make mistakes about something that has new text in it. 

I often do beta testing for various apps and software packages, both in my work as well as for my personal use.  I used the Evernote Apple products family of clients.  But, I have to say that the old web client has always had a much richer set of editing capabilities than the Mac client has.  It has been our go-to for Business Notebook and Notes sharing, because the Mac client just couldn't show us what we needed to see.

The new beta client was confusing when used with Business notebooks and notes.  It's look-n-feel is "modern" but lacks functionality.

I'm sorry to say that at this point in time, opting out was our best option since we don't have the time to devote to a learning curve and frustration.  

Hi deb, 

Thank you for your feedback.  The Beta does not have all of the features complete yet, but we're sorry to hear that it was difficult for you to use.  We are aware that it is not clear where notes are saved.  Can you highlight which editing capabilities you specifically used in the web that you missed that were not in the Mac client?  Business scenarios are still important to us and we want to make sure we understand how different folks use the product. 

Here's the latest update on what is expected and not expected to work:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/74821-web-beta-release-notes-1112/

Thanks in advance and thank you for trying out the Beta. 

- Nancy 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat as deb, Beta was more difficult to use.

So, Here is my basic feedback.... You drastically decreased the information density in the style. I Love clean styling, however if it breaks function it's not worth it.

I take exception to when clicking something, everything else that is on the screen disappears, causing me to try and find my place again.

I view evernote as a tool, not as a work of art or a site trying to sell me something (not saying it can't be pretty.) 

I agree that the beta is extremely difficult to use. 

My biggest complaint is that the search functionality does not work right.  Take for example saved searches: if I click on a saved search it will automatically take me back to my personal notes, rather than my business notes, despite the fact that I started the search from my business notebooks.  Certain aspects of advanced search syntax do not work well either, say the ability to exclude notes with certain tags from the search results. Example: I make frequent use of a tag “done.” Despite putting –tag:done in the search syntax, the notes are not removed from the results. There is no such problem on the other Evernote platforms.

In general, my frustration with Evernote continues to grow as Evernote makes a habit of implementing drastic sweeping changes that fundamentally change the way you interact with the software, and often has significant bugs that need to be worked out.  In my opinion, this isn’t an appropriate approach for software that desires to be seen as “an extension of your brain.”  My brain doesn’t change dramatically from day to day--that neither should it ever note.  Incremental changes are the way here.

Archived