Cropping image significatly increases its size

Hello,

if I take a photo with Evernote for iPhone (new camera note), either Photo or Document template, the resulting image has a very nice quality/size ratio. If I now go ahead and crop it, its size increases.

Right now I took a photo of a receipt, the first photo size was 160 kB, then I cropped it (removing mostly white background - the table on which I took the photo) and now its size increased to 583 kB.

I believe the same happens if I edit such iPhone created image in Evernote for Windows using the 'Annotate' feature.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Secret settings somewhere etc? ;-)

Thanks for any input.

• Level 5*

Seems like a bug or design flaw to me, but then I don't do much (or any) photo editing using EN iPhone.

There is a setting in EN iPhone to set the default size when adding an image to a Note from Camera, or Camera Roll, but it looks like Evernote is not honoring that for edits.

As a work-around, you might try taking the photo using the Apple Camera (or, even better, Camera+), edit it there, and then share/send it to Evernote.  I use Camera+ a lot and really like it.  I can store the photos only in Camera+ (not in Camera Roll), do lots of cool edits, and then send to either Evernote and/or Camera Roll.

You might want to Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug, crash, or data lost", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.

Archived