Dragging Messages from Outlook

Is it true that you can't drag email messages from Outlook into Evernote?  I've tried it and it doesn't work, either on the web version or the desktop PC version.  Hard to believe as it would seem having the ability to add email messages related to a certain notebook would be vital. 

• Level 5*

It's not exactly true.. see item 4.

Ways to get email messages from Outlook to Evernote

1. Use the Evernote Outlook Clipper to copy one,  or several,  emails directly into Evernote.
  2. Forward the email to your Evernote email address
  3. Forward the email to Google and use the Chrome browser extension to clip the email.
  4. Drag and drop a message from Outlook to your desktop and then drag/drop it into a note - you get a message icon and an attached .MSG file
    (which opens up again in Outlook if clicked and can be forwarded/ replied to there.)
  5. Ctrl-A in a message window and copy/ paste into Outlook. 

- in suitable cases you could set up an Outlook Rule to automatically forward messages..

• 1 year later...

Drag and drop functionality with Microsoft Outlook would be great. The Evernote Clipper for Microsoft is nice but not effective when you can only create a new note, and not add an email to an existing note. In ideal state, similar to Microsoft OneNote integration, a user can drag and drop an email into an existing (or new) note to create a .MSG file icon.

• Level 5*
On 20/06/2016 at 10:48 PM, dfuerbs said:

Drag and drop functionality with Microsoft Outlook would be great. The Evernote Clipper for Microsoft is nice but not effective when you can only create a new note, and not add an email to an existing note. In ideal state, similar to Microsoft OneNote integration, a user can drag and drop an email into an existing (or new) note to create a .MSG file icon.

See Item 4 above.  Not sure why this is the case,  but a direct DnD won't work while indirect does.  To suggest changes see my comment here... https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/84122-how-do-i-hide-or-archive-notes/?do=findComment&comment=411697

Archived