Web Clipper Doesn't Work with Latest Google Chrome

tropicalontour

I have Google Chrome 38.0.2125.104 m.  I installed it this morning.  My Win 7 security patches are up to date.

I have Web Clipper version 6.2.6

It no longer web clips.  In fact, it had stopped working with the previous version of Chrome too.

I am on Windows 7, 32 bit.

What gives?  I have relied on this tool for ages and then, one day, it stopped working, probably due to a Web Clipper update.

What's the solution?

Many thanks.

Michael

I have Chrome Version 38.0.2125.111 running on a Macintosh 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3, OS X 10.9.5 with Evernote Web Clipper 6.2.6. It WILL clip bookmarks, but if I try to clip the actual page content, then EWC just keeps "spinning" and sometimes just crashes. Reinstalling the EWC did nothing. Same problem. This is the first time I've had any problems with EWC.

Using iMac, yosemite, Google Chrome, haven't been able to consistently use web clipper for weeks. Was working on my WIN 8 laptop; now crashing there also. Still works on iMac with Safari but I very seldom use Safari. Very disappointed with Evernote support; have reported twice; heard ZERO back.

• Level 5*

Using iMac, yosemite, Google Chrome, haven't been able to consistently use web clipper for weeks. Was working on my WIN 8 laptop; now crashing there also. Still works on iMac with Safari but I very seldom use Safari. Very disappointed with Evernote support; have reported twice; heard ZERO back.

You should have received a confirmation email from support, which would give you a issue number. If you didn't get one of these, then something went wrong in the process; you should check your spam folders to make sure that it didn't land there. Beyond that, if you're a free user, you may not hear from them at all; free users are prioritized behind premium users for most cases. If you're a premium user, you can also access chat support.

See https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/51807-best-practices-submitting-a-support-ticket/

I haven't noticed any problems with the web clipper on Chrome/Win 7 recently.

Archived