Sorting Notes within Notebooks

Greetings:

I'm relatively new to Evernote and am trying to find a way to show different notebooks and each notebook's notes in alphabetical order on one screen. My problem is as follows: if I select Sort by Notebook from the top right hand corner, it'll show both notebooks but the notes appear in a random order; selecting Sort by Title shows all notes in alphabetical order but no longer subdivided by Notebook. Showing the notebooks using the top left hand corner menu, it'll show only the two notebooks but not the notes themselves. Is there is way that allows showing two or more notebooks and all notes in alphabetical order? Thank you.

• Level 5*

You need to distinguish between the two different operations of filtering (which allows you to view a subset of your notes) and sorting (which displays a set of notes, possibly filtered) in a particular order.

In terms of filtering and notebooks, Evernote only allows you to filter one one notebook, one stack (a named collection of notebooks), or all notes. Putting the two notebooks into a stack will allow you to show only the notes from those two notebooks (how you accomplish that depends on which Evernote client you are using, Windows, Mac, etc.). After that, all you need to do is to sort by title.

• Level 5*

Unfortunately, no.  If you sort by title, that is what you get, .  If you sort by notebook, the secondary sort appears to be by created date in same sequence (up/down) as the notebook.  Not note title as you would like.  Don't know of a way to modify the secondary sort, sorry.  

Archived